Sunday, March 9, 2014

Just Rachet

Today truly felt like a typical day in SoCal.  Although it was quite cloudy in the morning but as the day went on the temperatures began to rise. I woke up today fully aware that the day would be quite warm and so decided to go with lighter material. Without further ado, let's breakdown the look:
Since today was a church day, it was only appropriate to wear my cross half-sleeved shirts. this top is a bit sheer but quite perfect for a day near the mid-70s. 
Continuing on with the lightweight- theme, it seemed like a good idea to pull out the maxi skirt once again.  Last time I wore the piece I this piece was perhaps last fall. The color of it goes quite well with black and white on the top. 
Originally I was going to leave the top out but then after my mother commented that doing so made me appear older than her, I decided to tuck it in and add a belt. Doing so defined my waist and kept me looking my age. 
To add on to the outfit, I went with my silver leather jacket. This jacket really does a great job at uniting the colors of this look together. The silver adds a hint of futuristic-feel to the look, making it modern and fresh.
To finish the look up I went with my good ol' pair of black boots. When there are many different colors,patterns, and aspects of an outfit going on, sometimes it is just best to go with a pair of shoes that isn't so bold and out there. 
If you've made it this far, please pat yourself on the back. Please leave me a comment telling me what you'd like to see more on this blog (ex: favorites, trends post, must-haves, etc.)

Half-Sleeved Cross Top //TJ Maxx
Maxi Skirt//Forever 21
Boots//Marshalls
Belt//Old Navy
Leather Jacket//Forever 21

Til next post~!
-SL

Photos By: Lidia Kuo



No comments:

Post a Comment