Sunday, February 9, 2014

Let the Rain


So last night, while I was brainstorming on what to wear for the next day, I found out that the chance of rain was likely.  Therefore without further-ado, I present to you my thought-process for today's look:
 Since today was a colder day, I decided to wear a long-sleeved top.  I went with this one mainly for the comfort it brings to me.  The material is very much like sweatpants, soft and very warm.
I didn't want to wear long pants again but I also didn't want to wear a skirt.  Shorts and tights seemed like a reasonable compromise and was what I went with! I got both warmth AND didn't have to wear long pants OR a skirt! 
Going along with the whole comfort-theme, in terms of outwear, I went with this thick blue-jacket.  What I like the most about this piece is not only how thick it is but also how it is long enough to cover my bottom. 
To go with the today's Blue-theme, I decided to go with a light-blue scarf to finish it up. This scarf in my opinion ties the whole look together because of the shade of blue it is in. PLUS it matched my umbrella.
The rain boots instantly became an essential for this look strictly because the weather forecast predicted that it would be raining.  Unfortunately during the shoot it didn't rain and I couldn't splash around in a puddle. I was very sad...kind of.
To be very honest, usually if I don't plan the outfit the night before, I'm usually looking for the perfect balance between comfort and style the morning of.  So unless you plan your  outfits before hand, if you're ever in a hurry to get ready with little time to spare, go with pieces that make you feel comfortable without looking like a slob. 

Thanks again for reading til the end, you my friend rock!

Jacket//Hollister
Long-Sleeves//Abercrombie & Fitch
Shorts//Forever 21 
Rain Boots//Marshalls 
Tights//Target 
Scarf//Yashima

Til next post~!
-SL

Photos by: Tiffany Chen and Eunice Chan











No comments:

Post a Comment